Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Jump, Kriss Kross

     I liked doing Wii dancing near the end of my workday as usual. One of these songs we danced to was a cover of 'jump' by Kriss Kross. I recall this song when it was a hit back in 1992. They wore outfits backwards, though I wasn't surprised how this fashion trend didn't catch on. Some outfits are uncomfortable backwards, like bib overalls. Like many other sessions, it was just me and the event coordinator. Other songs we danced to included 'Girlfriend' by Avril Lavigne, and 'Call me' by Blondie. Another was by Harry Belafonte, I recall the lyrics including 'Hey Senora'. It was an active dance song, same as 'Jump'. But I didn't mind this at all, as dancing can be a good form of exercise.
   I have an online dating match who used a few terms that I decided to look up to understand their meaning. One of them was 'Fin De Siecle', I knew it was French, and 'Fin' means 'The end'. The article on Wikipedia said it meant 'End of the century'. Then it went on to cover things related to it like degeneration theory, pessimism, and artistic conventions.
    I had a dental appointment after work, and I fielded many of the same questions as before from the dental assistant. Still not much to say to her about how it's going with dating. I was asked how I spent my holidays as well, and about concerts. I said I have just one concert ticket at this time, for Lady Gaga in May.
    At the comedy club tonight, the show closer was the school bouncer. He did the one about how he doesn't like to do paperwork. He also did one about being spanked as a kid, being told by his parents that it would keep him out of jail. But it didn't, then he explained why. It was due to having an expired car registration and not paying for insurance. The godmother did one about having a rescue dog, a big dog that spreads out on the bed. The sub teacher spoke about more than just the radio show, as he also had a public access TV show at one point.

No comments:

Post a Comment