Thursday, February 13, 2014

You Can't Handle The Truth!

       After watching my second episode of 'Big Bang Theory' tonight I kept it on CBS and watched 'The Millers'. I liked how the mom in it gave a speech similar to the one Jack Nicholson gave in the movie 'A Few Good Men'- known as the 'You can't handle the truth!' speech. It was in reference to getting rid of an annoying pet bird. I like the speech as it is true, how some can't handle the truth.
    I made it home just in time to see the syndicated rerun of 'Big Bang Theory' tonight. It was the one where Sheldon goes to jail for contempt of court, contesting a traffic ticket. He misses out on meeting Stan Lee. He tries to meet him later on but gets a restraining order. The prime time episode was about Amy getting a gig at the same university Sheldon works at.
   I drove into work today as I had an appointment in the morning. I liked how I still got my share of the payoff report submitted close to the preferred time around midday. But I was inundated with letter requests so it was anything but a leisurely afternoon. I did complete 19 letters, but had to leave some for the next day. I did the second Olympic event, it was a hockey obstacle course ending with a shot on goal. I did fine on the event, middle of the pack. We had to use mini-hockey sticks that were from a Winter Classic, probably from this year as it said Toronto vs. Detroit.
   An E-bay order arrived, Canadian pennies. I added the 5 pennies to the folder, so now there is 28. I placed some more orders this evening, some World's Fair postcards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment