Sunday, August 24, 2014

Alumni Picnic

    I went to an alumni picnic in St. Louis Park in the afternoon. It was after I went to get a haircut in Eagan. I made it after 1pm, it was scheduled to run until 2pm. I got a hamburger and hot dog, and brought some little cupcakes, red velvet. Nearly half of them were eaten, the rest will be sent to the office. I did do the bean bag toss. I liked seeing somebody bring Hawkeye cookies, it reminded me of growing up in Iowa and seeing them at a Hy-Vee grocery store. I had two deviled eggs, I am used to seeing them at picnics and potlucks. After this event I got a re-take of a photo of a Charlie Brown statue nearby. I had looked at the earlier photo and noticed it was cut off at the top.
   I went on to the Roseville library and printed some things. On the way in I spotted somebody I knew from the office who was sitting on a bench, using a cellphone. I said 'Afternoon' but I got no response at all. Then I headed home, as I needed to get ready for a date. It was at a Caribou coffee shop. The date ended after less than an hour, earlier than Saturday's which was at the same place. Both were 'one and done'. Today's date couldn't get the facts straight about baseball. There were 2 minor league teams in the area before the Twins, but it was Willie Mays who played here and not Jackie Robinson. The earlier date was disrespectful, looking up something on a cellphone during our date, a boat that is in town if I am not mistaken. I also spoke of being at a convention in Detroit, and the response was dismissive, thinking the entire town was a slum but I had to say our hotel was downtown across from the General Motors building which tells me it was a decent neighborhood. I also had to tell the barista that the card I was given the previous day was invalid when I tried to register it. I was given another one, but now it looks like it is a gift card and not a loyalty card. To these two dates I would have to say 'Thanks for the warning' about the lack of respect, and being ignorant. It is hard to accept these flaws.
    In the evening I liked watching 'The Simpsons'. It was an episode I hadn't seen yet where Bart became interested in falconry. I watched part of 'Bob's Burgers' after it where the daughter wanted to attend a classmate's bat mitzvah in the worst way. I went out for a walk and took a plastic shopping bag to pick up trash with. I filled it quickly, mostly with empty bottles. I got 6 pull tabs from cans as well. When I got near a grocery store I heard somebody speaking loud, and I got off the sidewalk so I could avoid him. He said something about how this store handled all of his needs, and it was all free. Don't know if it means he was giving away any or all of it. He sounded a lot like a street preacher. Some of the store employees were outside, and we discussed this man a little before I moved on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment