Saturday, August 16, 2014

Throwing Shoes

     I went to the comedy club tonight, 3 friends were performing. This was the DC native, the big dog, and the Maryland native. The headliner was good at crowd rap, and at one point was throwing shoes she took away from crowd members. After the show I liked meeting the headliner, and as usual there was the music. I liked hearing 'Who's that chick' by David Guetta and Rihanna. I like the lyric about just wanting to dance, and I don't really care. I had to give myself permission to feel this way.
The big dog was doing a guest set. The DC native was MC, much like earlier in the week. He did one about fried chicken being delicious. Many others were done that were familiar, but I hadn't heard in a while. The Maryland native dealt with a heckler, as usual I hate to see this. He voiced his frustration to me after his set was done. I liked seeing some familiar faces in the crowd as well, like the nurse's aide. I said to her how I like getting shout-outs, and I got two tonight. DC got the crowd back after
Maryland, before the headliner arrived.
    I did plenty of errand running as well today. it started with going to the bank and turning in change, the total was $7.29. Eventually I made it to a Goodwill and found a Saturday Night Live book, looked like an actual script from a 1977 show where Spanish leader Francisco Franco was listed as host but it was actually singer Paul Simon. I tweeted about it and SNL made it a Twitter favorite.   

No comments:

Post a Comment