Saturday, August 23, 2014

Ear Wax Removal

    This afternoon I went to a CVS Pharmacy Minute Clinic for ear wax removal. My ears had been bothering me for a while and I decided I needed to find out if they were open, and they were. First it meant moving my car to avoid the chance it would get towed. Then right before the procedure was done I said it was best for me to go back to my home and get the insurance card so I don't have to deal with the process of reimbursement. So I was back at the clinic 30 minutes later, and it didn't take long at all. I was also advised to get some Ibuprofen, and some saline nasal spray which should also help out. After the procedure I was still looking around in the store and got two postcards, both are of Minneapolis and one is of the Hennepin Avenue Bridge. I spotted somebody who was wearing a zipper hoodie that looked familiar, it was the venue for the filming of sketches this week. She said 'So you know the big dog'. I let him know on Facebook and he made a joke about the ear wax removal, something about drilling holes in my head. I said he was thinking of the Middle Ages practice of releasing evil spirits. On another Facebook posting, from the bus fare comic, he made a joke about the song 'Power of Love' by Huey Lewis and The News. 'Don't need no credit card to ride this train'. About how the song is about a bad railroad baron. I said the train is a metaphor, and I like metaphor in writings, including my own. Later on I did confirm the proper usage of the word, as I have a dictionary. The words 'Figurative', 'Figure of speech', and 'Metaphor' are all mentioned together. I do like linguistics. I recall when working with the theater guy where I was using 'Demonstrative'  properly in terms of just wanting to point at things instead of trying to describe something.
   Naturally, this is another thing that is vindicating and validating about doing stand-up comedy. I enjoy the time with my comedian friends, and I can match wits with the best of them so I have plenty to contribute. I am thrilled to have so many comedian friends as I struggled to make friends when I was young.
   I did get a new pair of shoes for the office at Kohl's in Roseville, since the ones I had already had holes in them. I don't recommend the Tony Hawk brand of shoe, don't care he was a guest star on 'The Simpsons'. I also got a pair of patriotic socks.
   And there was the music. I went to Youtube to listen to 'One of us' by Joan Osborne after hearing it on the sub teacher's radio show. One of the things covered on this edition was jobs held by comics, one of them spoke of being a DJ in a strip club. Then there was 'Bad Reputation' by Freedy Johnston, and I liked the photographer as part of the video. It reminded me of Vivian Maier, as he wanted pictures of everything and everyone. Also since the camera was bulky and looked primitive, like Vivian's. The backlog was eliminated on the baseball cards, all are in binders now. There was just 11 duplicates out of 131 cards.       

No comments:

Post a Comment