Thursday, August 7, 2014

Perfect, By Pink

    I was driving home tonight after picking up some more baseball cards from a Target. The song on my car radio was one I really liked hearing, 'Perfect' by Pink. I had also heard it in the past week or so. It is one I like to sing along to, especially when getting to the chorus part with 'Perfect'. I am shouting it and putting the swear word back in. But many of the other lyrics also work for me, like 'Look I'm still around' along with 'Swallowed the fear', 'Done looking for the critics because they're everywhere'. I also like the contrast on 'Why do I do that' where it is sung but also spoken, proving it is a very personal song for pink. There are some who may not understand the emotional trauma I went through in my upbringing, and may never will. But passionate music like this helps me since it is a coping mechanism. I like knowing  I am not alone in my struggles, when I hear songs like these. I have seen the video on Youtube, and it is dark to say the least. But I like how it ends positively, where Pink is there to support the little girl that is the main character in the story. Two other songs I heard recently belong in the same category as this one: 'We can't stop' by Miley Cyrus, and 'Carry on' by Fun. More so with the former, since I like singing along with it much like 'Perfect'.  It's because Miley is singing 'Only God can judge you, forget the haters, because somebody loves you'.
    I did get some of the cards into the binders right away, as two of the packs were small, 12 cards each. Of these 24, just 4 were duplicates, and the duplicates have been destroyed. The third is a pack of 100. When I get more sheet protectors I will take care of the others.
    At work I did help out the political science guy again with the special requests, after my normal duties were finished, which wasn't until afternoon. I picked up my shirt for our company outing at Como Zoo in St. Paul for Friday. We work a half-day and then we are paid to attend the event. I haven't heard anything about a team building outing at the State Fair, my boss's boss confirmed there is nothing that she is aware of yet. So I decided to use a vacation day to go to the state fair on a weekday, as these team building outings taught me it works well to go on a weekday. There are thinner crowds, and it frees up the weekend for other events. I need to start using more vacation days anyway, I found out this week I really do have 15 days to use before year-end.
   From Facebook, I found out the Sex-Ed show has done really well, it has already sold out its entire 5-show run at Fringe Festival. I left a comment saying I had reviewed it on the Fringe site, as well as on this blog. I can brag a little about having a ticket to one of the hottest shows at the festival. In my emails it looks like there is an alumni outing at a park in the west metro later this month. We don't do that many events aside from football game watches.

No comments:

Post a Comment