Thursday, August 21, 2014

Chair Massages

   This afternoon at work I got a chair massage in a conference room, I had won a drawing for it. I had seen the same therapist before. Not much was said during the 10-minute session, but it seemed to work. I did feel some knots in my back during the session.
    I did a comedy contest tonight, one of seven contestants. I knew the MC as well, she works in radio and often mentions her 'cyclone kid' in her comedy sets. Contestants included the barber and Mr. Pibb and Blind Side. Mr. Pibb advanced, along with a native of Africa that I haven't written about much yet. I said I was thankful for the stage time. I was first after the MC. I was wearing the patriotic shirt and made it my first joke. It was heady of me to do some new jokes, but these worked well. The one about the shirt was how I had seen all four places depicted on it- Mount Rushmore, Statue of Liberty, Jefferson Memorial, and Iwo Jima Memorial. Others were about an elephant collection, printing out the whole internet, being accident prone, an annoying colleague, and hearing how my dad finally read 'Catcher in the Rye'. I had more material than I needed, I was given 7 minutes which is more than what I typically get.     

No comments:

Post a Comment