Thursday, August 14, 2014

Happy Christmas Movie

   This evening I went to see the movie 'Happy Christmas' in Edina. It was scheduled to run just one week, so this was the final night. I wanted to see it as I loved 'Up in the air' and two actors from 'Air' are in it- Anna Kendrick and Melanie Lynskey. I could hear an accent from Melanie, Wikipedia said she was born in new Zealand. The movie felt very compact, since it was filmed close-up and it sure had the feeling of an indie film or even a film school project. This was especially true when sometimes the top of an actor's head was cut off. I did like seeing some raw emotion in it at times, like after a smoke alarm went off. This was a short movie, 78 minutes, and some scenes continued into the closing credits, alternating on the screen. The alternating part is something I hadn't seen much before, it was a discussion about what to write in a novel.
   I liked discussing movies with one other patron, this was on the theater's upper level. It was about 'Up in the Air' since he just knew about Anna being in it. I said Melanie had a much smaller role in 'Air'. With another, who was at the food counter, I did not. She was discussing hypotheticals on the All-Star Game home run derby with an employee and didn't have her facts straight. I felt like telling her flat-out: 'You don't know what you're talking about, moron' but I think correcting her, which she had no real response to, is an implied way of saying it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment