Sunday, August 31, 2014

Temporarily Lost Socks

    I did laundry today at a place near my home. So I commandeered a grocery cart to get things over there. It worked fine except for when I was getting things back home, as I was losing socks which were crammed into the side of the basket. When I came up short I decided to retrace my route. Well thankfully most of them were right in front of the door to my home. Two others happened to be much farther away, on the sidewalk close to the Laundromat. Somebody in front of his home early on pointed out how I had dropped two of them, I had hoped it would end there but it didn't. During the washing the Minnesota Lynx basketball game was on TV, a playoff game against Phoenix. I also decided to go down to Taco Bell and put a Canadian penny into a donation bin, as I got it as change when I went to a nearby Family Dollar to get some sheet protectors and Nekot cookies. The penny was from 1977, already had one from this year. Also notable with coins was getting another national park quarter, likely from using the dollar bill changer for laundry money. So it was put into the map right away when I got home. I had eaten at the same Taco Bell earlier in the day.
    I liked getting caught up on things, and not having much to do until I went to a comedy show in the evening. It was a troupe of 7 comics, the leader is the barber with Texas relation. I got a ring of honor photo with the barber and the school bouncer after the show. They were filming much of the event, including after the show in the upper level by the bar, so I had to wait a little longer to get photos but I have a cameo in the video. We did photos on the lower level, on the stage. After the show I liked hearing 'Hold on Tight' by ELO on my car radio. I like how at one point in the song, the band takes an interlude to sing the same words, but in French. This was also why I think I finally liked Lady Gaga, as she does the same thing in 'Bad Romance'. Sometimes doing things for contrast works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment