Sunday, August 10, 2014

Charlie Brown Bobblehead, Saints Game

    I went to the Saints baseball game this afternoon as the club was giving away a Charlie Brown bobble-head. I saw my ex there as well, which didn't surprise me much as we both like Charlie Brown and Snoopy. The two times we have spoken since the relationship ended a year ago have been at Saints games. I did most of the talking. The Saints fell behind early against Sioux City, 5-0 in the first. But they tied it 5-5 in the third, and the rest of the scoring was in the 4th, and Sioux City went on to win it 9-7.
   I did laundry after the game, at the place with the comedian profiles of Roseanne Barr and Brett Butler from 1989. When I was driving home I liked hearing 'Lonely no more' by Rob Thomas on the radio. Because it has lyrics also about not wanting to be 'Angry no more'. My dad would have approved of what I did, as I used the older Maytag washers as those are most likely ones made in my hometown. There are newer ones now, four in all, but those are made by Whirlpool.
   I called my dad in the evening, after getting a photo order from Walgreen. Two more comedians added to my 'Ring of honor', now up to 26. I liked how dad told me what his impression of Minnesota was from coming to the state for National Guard duty at Camp Ripley in Little Falls. I wrote it down this time.
   The Mason City native said his Youtube video about the expected Kevin Love trade now has passed 2 million views. When I looked for my comment, one of over a thousand, I saw one from somebody who called himself 'Adolf Hitler' and it just said 'Nein!' (no in German). The video sure has brought out some weirdos and haters and racists. Sadly I have seen this before with online comments on articles- too many of them are ones making racist comments or others accusing people of being racist. All of this can happen as one can hide behind a computer. Another comment wondered if this would become the next 'Gangnam'. I heard about that one, a kind of dance or music if I'm not mistaken, but when I hear it I keep think they are saying 'Condom' instead.    

No comments:

Post a Comment