Monday, August 18, 2014

Wiping Away A Tear

     I got a text message from a friend I knew from the Twin Cities this evening, that now lives in suburban St. Louis. After reading it I wiped away a tear, as the two big news stories of the past week finally affected me. One was the suicide of actor/comedian Robin Williams, the other being the rioting and looting in Ferguson, MO, a St. Louis suburb. I love visiting St. Louis, as I go there annually. I have friends there, so I decided to ask how one was doing. There is another one I know that lives in the area, a classmate from high school, and her family which includes four boys.
   I did make it to the comedy club tonight, good lineup, I knew all of the comics except the first 3. The Hillary Clinton look-alike did ones about jalapenos and OK Cupid. The bartender did ones about living in north Minneapolis, and 'taco-cat'. The Maryland native did ones about hockey, Urkel, and live life like a movie. the trailer park girl did one about 'kiss/kids' while texting. The sub teacher did ones about snap fitness, and how his lady doesn't know who President Clinton is. The school bouncer did push-ups before his set. He did ones about yoga, over-eating at the state fair, a fitness scam, and don't need you. The Wisconsin couple made it, the wife doing ones about refried beans, cat food, and college tuition. The husband did ones about Toby Keith, Taco/Liberty Bell, and PRF. The bathtub comic did ones about fixing a step, a water heater, and cable TV. The Tetris comic did ones about taste buds, a born and raised shirt, and 'rock awesome'. The Louisiana native did ones about bees, and a web if lies. A Chicago comic who was on 'Last Comic Standing' did ones about guns in Chicago, a kid at the grocery store, and a rescue cat. Postage stamp did the 'King of Minnesota' bit with the Perkins employee. University accountant did ones about living near the state fair, sundaes, and beer laws. The 'Extra murder' comic was show closer, he did ones about cell phones, birth control, and the 'check engine' light. Others were about phone books, butter sculptures, and a Texas visit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment