Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Covering My Beer

     After getting to the comedy club, I saw the Mason City native during the early part of the show and he spoke of wanting to re-shoot my segment of the Youtube video from the previous day. So I said 'My beer!' and it was fine with the bartender to cover my beer and leave it inside. I did make a joke about no date rape drugs, some of my fellow comics have done this joke. It was once again a lot of fun, and I liked the 'Stage time' of course, just like I enjoy shout-outs.
     There were some comics tonight that I didn't know well at all. But there were six, including the MC, that I did know. The Yemen native was MC, and he did one about doing self-checkout at Wal-Mart. Others were about stealing a bill, no gay terrorists, learning English and teaching Arabic, and acting out a scene from 'Good Will Hunting', my favorite movie. Self-checkout did one about the Planet of the Apes movie in 3-D. Others were about a judgey movie-goer, who is disappointing his parents, and how tattoos are over. The Louisiana native did one about Neosporin being for cuts. Others were about Jack's frozen pizza, and finding a quarter while showering. The nurses aide did one about having dance lessons- you're going to be a stripper. Another was about an IUD. The fever comic did one about still being harassed by teenagers. Others were about a tough economy leading to being frugal- and to stealing things like airport sandwiches- as well as deer suicide. The show closer gave me a shout-out. He did a joke about having sleep apnea, and his date revealed having herpes. He also worked in radio in Fargo for a while. But he won't be known as 'Fargo native' since someone else already has the name. He has done a joke about how his long, flowing hair can make him look like Ben Franklin. His name sounds like a dog breed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment