Monday, August 11, 2014

It's Not Your Fault

     I had heard news about the death of actor/comedian Robin Williams. I had hoped it was a hoax. But I found many articles about it, apparently it was from suicide. On Facebook there were some postings about it, and I know one reference wasn't lost on me- 'It's not your fault'. It is a line from my favorite movie, 'Good Will Hunting', the only one I have seen at theaters twice.
   When I arrived at the comedy club tonight, I saw a TV camera outside the club. After I had parked my car I was informed it was a reporter asking for comments about this entertainer. I said I had seen his show at the U of Minnesota's Northrop Auditorium in September 2008, the same month I started doing comedy. He did some warmup shows at this club just before it. The reporter left before I got there, so it was said just to some of my comedian friends. 
    I liked getting inspiration for a joke after the show, after telling a story to the bathtub comic. It was about my plush elephant collection. The preschool teacher did one about a caterpillar book, and singing the song 'down by the bay'. IED/IUD did ones about a Liam Neeson movie, not playing softball, and a 'sweatpants guy'. Netflix did ones about looking like Lucille Ball, feeling like Jane Goodall, and Sesame Street. Bus fare did ones about being uncomfortable with his hands, and being from an orphanage. Fantasia did ones about Pawn America, and about a cop asking if he needed help. The Louisiana native did ones about a quarter on his gut, and Neosporin. University accountant did ones about reality shows, and libraries. Maryland native did ones about an orgy, a condo, and yoga pants. The 'Extra murder' comic did ones about a food truck, a donut burger, his Texas tour, and seeing somebody do a cannonball in the pool. School bouncer did ones about cocoa butter, hailing a cab, putting a ring on it, and checking what is in the refrigerator. The bathtub comic did ones about a zoo escape, zoo animals being sent to Detroit, and dog clothes. The fever comic did ones about airport sandwiches, keys as a weapon, and deer suicide. The Perkins employee did one about having no soul, like a bar.            

No comments:

Post a Comment