Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Ludwig II Of Bavaria

    It was a day off and I went to the post office to pick up packages there. Two were Charlie Brown and Snoopy stamps, the third was a comedy CD. The stamps were sent from foreign countries, Hong Kong and Germany. The other e-bay order currently outstanding is coming from France. I liked how the comedy CD arrived quickly, less than a week after ordering. But it was coming from a nearby state. I liked seeing what was protecting one of the stamp orders, the one from Germany. Looks like it commemorates a famous government building. I did my best to read from context, since I don't know the German language well. It looks like there is also mention of a monarch, Ludwig II. There is mention of something as late as 1918, but Wikipedia states he died in 1886 and was from Bavaria, a section of what is now Germany. The comedy CD was ordered from Amazon, and I did hear from the Wisconsin girl who liked how I posted Amazon reviews of both CDs. She said there will be more soon, I said I am looking forward to it. In addition, it looks like I am getting plenty of junk mail to the P.O. box, addressed to whoever had it before me. If there is a return address I am marking 'Return to sender' on it.
   I went to the comedy club tonight, but the show was called off, not enough people. It was nice to visit with friends for a little while, and I still wanted to finish my drink before I left. I also went to Walgreen and had a photo CD done, will try to find the time to post the photos from both of the Bill Young memorials soon. I also picked up some cough drops as I am ill. It sounded like something bad happened to one of my neighbors today, based on the media coverage. And that's all I've got to say about that.     

No comments:

Post a Comment