Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Price Tag, Jessie J And B.O.B

      I really liked one song I heard while doing Wii dancing near the end of my workday. It was 'Price tag' by Jessie J and B.O.B. Many of the lyrics I really agree with, like 'Want to make the world dance' and 'Not about the money'. I have said it before how 'It shouldn't just be about the money' as money is easily spent. I am impressed by the stats I see for this song on Youtube. The video I watched had over 366 million views and was uploaded in 2011. I had to listen to it more than once to hear certain lyrics, like early on- 'Sale first, truth second'. It is a catchy video, showing the singer at one point as a marionette puppet. Along with 'Money on trees'. And a 'Yeah' in the middle is nice as well. I said the same about an Iggy Azalea song, 'Black widow baby', though in 'Widow' the word I like is 'Right'. Both are placed well. Can't forget another sentiment about wanting to get back to 'The music made us all unite', and the feature then singing 'Do this for the love'. When I arrived for this 30-minute event the coordinator said the song playing was 'Think' but it wasn't Aretha Franklin singing it. This did made me think of the movie 'Blues Brothers'. Some others we danced to included 'Party rock anthem' by LMFAO and 'Night boat to Cairo'.
   I did perform at the comedy club tonight. I like how the new jokes are doing well, like 'Words that make me laugh' along with 'Wine and dine me' and 'Faithful elephant'.
    Also at the comedy club, software developer was MC did ones about 'it's the bear' and monsters. The photographer did ones about make a baby, and circumcision. Ex-Navy did ones about nursing school, biting nails, sewing kit, it's my birthday, and the DWI ride. Capital city did ones about the babysitting circuit, gold stars, Diane Keaton, and gross uncles. The godmother did ones about The Price is Right, lady cops, hyper-active blind person, dog walking and cleanup, dysfunctional family tour, cats in stroller, and cereal entrepreneurs. 'Extra murder' gave me a shout-out when he spoke about what another comic looks like. Others were about a nativity scene, Yule Log, air conditioner, washing machine, a new Santa needed, take her Oscars away, and the state quarter map. Ex-Navy's dad did ones about dating advice, nice guys finish first, and virgin/version. Bathtub did ones about a dynasty, bring cinnamon rolls, and I want pepperoni. University accountant did ones about presidential libraries, Pedal Pub, beer laws, dancing Charlie Brown, and a Subway video game. Tetris did ones about break-up songs, stress eating, and Rainbow Foods. Grizzly Adams did ones about shaving his beard and gaining weight, the cost of a Pabst beer, college commercials, and Taylor Swift. Kentucky did ones about the MC hunting crab, let me eat you, zoo cat and owl, the weather-my turn, urgent care, and finding a bar. Michigan did ones about who his ex made out with, looking older than he is, his lady holding dog-do then throwing it at a car, learning about cheese and savings accounts, thigh gap and saddle sore, 2 dude wedding, Elton John and Liberace, and a man harbor.
    There wasn't much of a payoff report at work today, but I found other ways to stay occupied like processing new titles as well as doing 14 settled or paid in full letters.
   I did see a Fox-9 News segment about the late Gus Lynch, it was posted on Facebook. The reporter was shown outside one comedy club I frequent. And interviews were with this club owner, along with the big dog. I understand there will be events in his honor, but as far as I know nothing has been announced yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment