Sunday, December 28, 2014

Bears-Vikings Season Finale

    I went to the Bears-Vikings football game at the University of Minnesota this afternoon, it was the season finale. I woke up early to move my car for the snow ordinance, and when I was up for good- as I went back to bed for a while- it was 10:30am. So I knew this meant chores like the dishes would have to wait until I got back. I arrived on the train before the game started, but it took a while to get through security and when I finally got inside the clock read 9:50 left in the first quarter. There was no score. It was 3-3 at the half and the Vikings went on to win 13-9. The Bears couldn't move the ball, explaining the three field goals. There was an interception return and a long kick return, but both drives stalled. While riding the train after the game I saw a little girl in a stroller who took off her winter hat twice after her mom put it on.
   The Simpsons episode in the evening was about the Navy. After this I switched it over to a football game, Bengals-Steelers, and eventually called my dad. We spoke about what we both did over the holidays and the upcoming bowl games, including the one the Iowa Hawkeyes are in. He spoke of the movies he had seen or wants to see, this includes 'The Interview', but being in southern Iowa he will probably have to travel a little ways to whatever theater is showing it. He also spoke of seeing my favorite movie, 'Good Will Hunting', on TV twice this weekend. I asked for his insight on it, when he gave me the storyline I said 'I know the movie well'. What I wanted was his opinion about it. When I spoke of the scene at the construction site with his good friend he said that was a 1970 Ford pickup. I am not sure if he had seen it since it was at theaters, but I know full well he likes his movies. He had just seen another one starring Robin Williams, 'Night at the museum', this one is on my list. The most recent one I had seen, 'Homesman', he did not know about but it is a limited-release art film. But he does like westerns and this is considered to be a western.

No comments:

Post a Comment