Monday, December 22, 2014

We March On

     At the Bill Young memorial tonight, I heard some music near the end, the song was 'We march on'. It seemed appropriate on some level. I got plenty of pictures tonight, just over 20. I didn't have many of this venue, Spring Street Tavern in Minneapolis. Many of them were of those who were sharing stories, and again these were usually comics I didn't have any pictures of previously. I had my turn as well, and I did bring the doll leg as a visual aide. I was also given a Nerf gun for the salute at the end, and it became one of my pictures tonight. I gave out my business card to a few people, since I spoke of the blog. So good or bad I discussed some business there, but I am sure I was not alone in this respect. I didn't know one of those who spoke, he said he wrote for a local publication, reviewing shows. I have read this publication from time to time. My final photo of the night was of 3 candles on the stage, remembering not just Bill but also Gus Lynch and Kate U.       
    I spoke to many people tonight, and I am hoarse as I write. When I left I said I should leave before I lose my voice. But it was nice to see so many friends there. I also got an 'Eat the cake' poster as a souvenir. I noticed how many others did the same, and we labeled them after paying so we wouldn't have to carry them around during the event. They were left on the table where we bought them near the entrance, made it easier to pick them up when leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment