Tuesday, December 9, 2014

CD Baby Website

     I had the day off from work and decided to place another order on Amazon, my first since April. It was for two comedy CDs. I found out one of them was produced by CD Baby, a website I am not familiar with at all. There was a Wikipedia page that I found though. It mentions how over 300,000 artists sell on this site and over 400,000 albums are available. My guess is most of them are music, but I am more interested in comedy CDs. When I tried to narrow the search by entering comedy, I still got 200 listings and a few more names I recognized from the Twin City comedy clubs. Even if I don't see them often, I knew the names. One of them I know as the comic who reads short jokes from 3 x 5 cards, I think it is really effective and have said so when I have had the chance. When I posted news of the Amazon order on Facebook I got plenty of likes to it, as well as comments from the comics saying thank you, the Wisconsin couple. Five items were ordered on Amazon previously, four this year. I started ordering there after getting gift cards for answering Enterprise Rent-a-car surveys. So I haven't had to pay much on the orders, for today's order the final total was $3. There is $10 left in gift cards, it will get used soon enough. It's just a question of what I order with it. While on Amazon I decided to update my account, it meant changing the shipping address to the PO box. And I reviewed three more items, two were orders from April, the 'Up in the Air' soundtrack and novel. The third item wasn't ordered there, but a comedian friend asked me to review his CD after I got it in person. Most of them have been acquired this way. I currently have 14 comedy CDs done by friends, 11 are from the Stand-up Records label. I have a few more ideas for other comedy CDs to acquire, but these would be famous people and hopefully Cheapo will have them when I next go see a movie at the nearby Lagoon theater. This includes Robin Williams, George Carlin, Steve Martin, and Rodney Dangerfield. I know there are some comedy CDs at this store, but not many. Of course I already have Bob Newhart, Bill Cosby, Sam Kinison, and Denis Leary.
   I had a knock on the door in the afternoon, the visitor spoke of liking the bumper stickers I had taped on the wall, I said they were my first E-bay orders. This was while I was watching the DVD that was the companion to the Pink 'Greatest hits' CD. It was while her song 'Dear Mr. President' was playing. This was also a day of picking things up. After getting a slice of pizza at Super-America, I went to Walgreen and bought some razors. Also bought in this visit was sheet protectors and holiday-themed Snoopy socks. In the evening after the comedy show ended I went to a nearby bookstore and got a book of mostly Snoopy cartoons. Inside the back cover was a poster about the 'Charlie Brown and Snoopy' characters. Before the visitor arrived, I checked E-bay and it said one order had arrived. So I checked the mail and the Maytag plant postcard was there. It leaves the other four orders, which will go to the PO box. I had hoped to place my Iowa Hawkeye bowl game order but it appears to be too soon. There is not much available yet since the bowl game they play in, and the opponent, was just announced over the weekend. I plan on getting a button and shirt like previous years.  
     At the comedy club tonight, school bouncer was MC. He did ones about the 100-year-old woman, is that how insurance works?, fixing problems at school, and a kid in a field with invisible friends. Ding Dong did one about being in jail and away from family due to DWI. Another was about being trapped in a cement bunker bathroom. Bus fare did ones about don't poop in this bar, the weather is either cold or bees, and folksy sandwich talk. Others were about a dead horse, celebrating his first Christmas, and being proud instead of a walk of shame. Michigan did ones about being super Irish, and the Notre Dame logo. His dad doesn't know what he does, he is old. A reference was made to the show 'Catch a Predator', and his dad's 8 Facebook friends. I got a shout-out about the Iowa cornfield joke. He moved to Chicago and was an office temp. He was also a dog walker. He walked into a ladies room, and moved into a furnished apartment. Another was about a thigh gap. He attended a 2-dude wedding, others were about a Madonna cover band, Elton John and Liberace, and a man harbor. Mason City advised me not to talk while Taylor Swift was on screen during the Vicky's Secret fashion show.

No comments:

Post a Comment