Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Cake, And Candy Tin

     I put in a full day at work and then saw the security guard while waiting for the bus, first time in a while. He does crochet or latch-hook kits, but not during the winter. There was plenty of goodies waiting for me at the office. I had two pieces of cake, it was the once a month cake for birthdays. There was also a card, candy cane, candy tin, and candy box. I am trying to think of what name to give her, I did attend one service at her church in 2008 and I think she sang in the choir there. The political science guy was his usual self, making a joke about wanting to shoot down Santa's sled. And something about Mr. Hankey from 'South Park', not to be confused with 'Mr. Haney', the huckster from the TV show 'Green Acres'.
   It was hard to find a place to eat my evening meal, a taco place closed early for the holiday so I got a sandwich from a nearby gas station instead. I slept for a little while before going out to find food. Then late in the evening I went to a church service, where I got an orange when turning in the candle as it was a candlelight service. I still like the feeling of melted wax on my fingers. When I got back there were some holiday greetings on Facebook. One was from Morton Salt, the other from the Canadian comic I opened for after we met at a show I attended when back visiting my 'Old haunts' in Chicago-land. I posted something about the service, how the song 'Silent night' makes me think of the big dog since he does a joke about it. And reading the Christmas story reminds me of when Linus recited it in the Charlie Brown Christmas special. I found 'Yule log' on TV but I am listening to this program more than actually watching it. The 'Extra murder' comic does a joke about it, how it is available on Netflix if I am not mistaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment