Monday, December 1, 2014

Gus Lynch

    I heard some of my friends discussing one of our colleagues at the comedy club tonight, and I will have to admit I hadn't been brought up to speed as to what was happening. All I had heard earlier on Facebook was that our colleague had fallen while in Mexico, and he will be fine. But after the show I log onto Facebook and see numerous postings paying tribute to Gus Lynch, saying he had passed. I did see one comic upon arrival at the club, and I said hi, this was to the red-faced comic. I saw how he looked sad and hugged another comic, I then said 'I am here if you need me'. Earlier in the day I had an office colleague say he saw me in a sketch online, and this did make me feel happy. Gus was somebody I had worked with in this and some other sketches. I have been doing stand-up comedy for over 6 years now, and this is the third comedian that we have lost. I did not know Gus as well as the other members of The Turkeys, I will have to admit. I did post my own message saying 'I am here if you need me' to The Turkeys. I had heard this advice before in times of need: 'Just be there for them'. I have written about many comics in this blog, including Gus, who was called 'Self checkout' after his 'It's all bananas' joke.
    At the comedy club tonight, the MC did ones about it just felt right, sausage fest, and got to do what you got to do. Michigan did ones about Elton John, Liberace, and a man harbor. Morton Salt did one about TJ Maxx. Resistable did ones about what cats eat, a Las Vegas bar, and Target hair. Others were about strip clubs in Iowa, and carpet/drapes. The Yemen native did ones about teaching Arabic and 'that's my car'. Netflix did ones about welding, Twix, and one boob. Others were about a circus lawyer and Beyoncé. Bus fare did ones about a sandwich Forrest Gump, state fair horse show, and yogurt. Red-faced comic did ones about golf highlights and 'I'm not dead' shirts. Fantasia did ones about aliens, wrong car, locked keys in car, and lock picking. The Wisconsin guy did ones about erectile dysfunction ads and Obama-care. Tetris did ones about Spotify and Rainbow Foods. The Wisconsin girl did one about service dog fashion. Laundry did one about silk pajamas. Three times three was on the list, hard to read notes but it looks like did one about writing in cursive. School bouncer did ones about his vest, a kid in a field, and 'don't need you'. Worthington did ones about a dry sandwich, barb wire, and walking a cat. 'Extra murder' did ones about the 3 wise men, little drummer boy, nativity scenes, Yule Log, and the Truman Show.  Maryland did ones about an orgy, Noah's Ark, a girl at the gas station, and yoga pants. Perkins did ones about weed slang, Bilbo from 'Lord of the Rings', and his lady sending a text.

No comments:

Post a Comment