Thursday, December 11, 2014

Funeral Home in Shoreview

   This evening I went to Shoreview for the visitation for the late Gus Lynch. I found out this funeral home, Holcomb Henry Boom Purcell, is near the library. I did see some friends there, two were leaving when I arrived. Another arrived as I was leaving. I could tell that one comic looked sad so I said 'I am here if you need me'. Then I was told what had happened was the memories of doing comedy with Gus were flooding back. I found two different kinds of cards there, one was for the memorial service and the other for the visitation. The memorial, which I did not attend, appears to have had the Lord's Prayer and an Irish blessing in it. The biography does mention the 'It is all
bananas' joke' that led to his nickname being self checkout.
   In the afternoon I went to be in the studio audience at Twin City Live, an annual visit. We got a bag of free items, including a headband, and a CD of Christmas music since a choir was performing. I also got a chair massage like some others did.
   After I got back from Shoreview I watched a movie I had just picked up, 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind', starring Jim Carrey. It was sad and disturbing but also helpful to me. It deals with relationships and the breakups as well. I am thankful for Grizzly Adams telling me about it, as some had said I spoke too much about my relationship after it had ended. I liked one sentiment in it, an implied 'Remember the positive' from the Jim Carrey character. I have said this before about going back to visit a town I once lived in.
   Before leaving for Twin City Live I spent plenty of time getting printed online articles into sheet protectors and then binders. I decided to double up some of them to save space. Some I really liked seeing again like the reminders of comedy gigs, or letters to the editor I had written.  

No comments:

Post a Comment