Thursday, December 25, 2014

Back At Buca Di Beppo

    I had dinner at Buca Di Beppo, much like I did for Thanksgiving. I found out their holiday dinner couldn't be made smaller than 3 servings, so I ordered some pepperoni pizza instead. I was nursing a sore throat, so I had a hard time swallowing anything for a while. I know well enough to be careful on how much food I order when this is the case. I ate just half of my oatmeal this morning for this reason. I don't know where I left my cough drops, couldn't find them after getting back from the church service. I had no choice but to get some at a place I knew would be open, a Super-America. I ordered tea with lemon as my drink, and I liked how the cough drop worked right away. I had plenty of time to look at the scenery at the restaurant, I recall seeing a photo of Frank Sinatra on the wall, along with one of Sophia Loren in lingerie if I am not mistaken.
  I didn't watch much  TV today aside from the news and Yule Log, which is on now. I liked hearing Johnny Cash's version of 'Hark the herald angels sing'. I did watch Jeopardy as well. Archduke Franz Ferdinand was one of the clues, and it prompted me to look up the story of the assassination on Wikipedia. I recalled learning it as '3 shots rang out in Sarajevo', but there was mention of just two. Unless you also count the bomb that went off before the gunshots, which missed the Archduke and hit another car.

No comments:

Post a Comment