Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Cheering Section

    I had a cheering section tonight at the comedy club, first time in a while. I think I enjoyed this set more than most. I got to every joke on my list except one. I did ones about getting a card from an aunt, the doll leg, talking to a cop, the kid and the mail slot, and they don't allow swearing here. It was a good lineup all around. Three of the first four in the 'Ring of honor' were there as D.C. was the MC and of course big dog and Mason City were also there. I had hoped to pick up the package from UPS tonight but there wasn't enough time before the show. I drove about halfway there and then turned around. It was a little tougher since it is really cold tonight and it took a while to get my car warmed up.
     D.C. did ones about Hazelden, detox, a number joke, 10 months sober, rate nausea, rock bottom, and the Japanese embassy. The Hillary Clinton look-alike did ones about how tipping will prevent abortion, plasma and period, Harry Potter game, hey buddy, and working in retail at Mall of America. A comic who has custody of his 2 girls did this joke along with being sloshed at work, being a debt collector,  and Magic Johnson. Big dog did ones about trash and scarecrow, and take it for granted. Dictionary did ones about his cardigan, too much Dominos Pizza, and a gym tour. A comic who went to high school at Breck did one about following them around. Turtle check did ones about going to Chipotle, turning 31, hemorrhoid, and drunk and changed password. Mason City did ones about two Paul Bunyans, city run by pigs, no beer after 10, bag of nickels at bank, and stupid in the cookie jar. Perkins did ones about a librarian, aerospace and film school, Grandma's question, his dad and math  word problems, fruit flash cards, and wait to be towed.   
   At work it was still busy despite the sharp drop in volume on the payoff report. There was still plenty of new titles and of course the letters piled up since I was too busy to do any on Monday. I found out that lunching with the 'Perky girl' will have to wait, something about car shopping with her husband. I was given a can of Campbell's Chunky soup by her that I ate for lunch.    

No comments:

Post a Comment