Saturday, December 20, 2014

Lost In Translation Movie

   I watched my DVD copy of the movie 'Lost In Translation' tonight. I bought it at the Blockbuster Video liquidation sale last year. At the outset all I knew was the premise of the Bill Murray character being in Japan to film a commercial. It is a good story, worth seeing. I liked the part about his character forming a friendship with another American while there. Haven't been to Japan yet myself, but my college roommate has twice, since he loves Japanese culture.
   I also went to a basketball game at Roosevelt High School in Minneapolis in the afternoon, I do mentoring at this school through my employer. Roosevelt won big against St. Croix prep, 66-34. It was 32-20 at the half, and Roosevelt scored the first 17 points of the game. I did check the program and noticed the St. Croix players were shorter, so this can make a big difference.
    Another thing I liked getting done before leaving for the basketball game was getting more comedy souvenirs into sheet protectors. This was mainly note cards from one club in particular in my earlier days in comedy, 2009. Based on what I could read from my handwriting, some of those were still familiar to me. Naturally I only wanted them in there if one side was blank. This was true on eight of them. This did leave three others, so I will not include them there yet but they were moved out of a tin I hadn't looked at in a while to an envelope which has plenty of comedy souvenirs in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment