Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Faithful Elephant

    I went to the comedy club tonight and was pleased that Mason City offered me some stage time. I think it was due to no-shows. I did one joke for the big dog as he was there to perform as well. It was about being asked to watch his bag, and how I take it seriously. It made me think of the Dr. Seuss story called 'Horton hatches the egg' as he spoke of being a faithful elephant. It was the first time I had done the joke and it seemed to go well. The show ended with a video tribute to Gus Lynch, and I noticed the video was from a different club. But I liked the jokes in it like 'Fat man under lights' and 'Bravo'. The latter is about friends who bragged about sexual conquests that weren't worth bragging about. Notable tonight was seeing some people I hadn't seen in a while, former employees if I am not mistaken. And then there was the hugging, with people like the big dog which was out of character as he is rarely serious. He did joke about not wanting to make a habit out of it, guess he has a reputation to uphold, ha-ha. Many were telling their stories about Gus, I did mostly listening as I didn't seem to have any. I knew him, but not as well as some others did. I had to say this to one man at the bar, possibly a crowd member but I am not sure. I am hopeful to attend events in his honor. It will mean checking Facebook to see about the when and where, but I did say I travel out of town much less in the winter months so it is likely that I will be available to attend. It was nice to see the boss man from another club tonight. I said it wasn't typical to see him at another club, but his wife said she made him show up. I would still like to see the boss man do comedy, but he said that ship has sailed.
     At the comedy club tonight, Mason City was MC. He did ones about Zoloft, 'fight or flight', Wells Fargo, Sacramento guy, Teen Wolf and T-Wolves, death star, run by pigs, ancestry dot-com, castle, and applause for Gus Lynch. The ex-cop did ones about his daughter's book, and his 'fad diet'- he got divorced. The Wisconsin guy did ones about Toby Keith's bar and grill, and erectile dysfunction ads. Others were about sleeping in the nude, rising sea levels, a bottlenose dolphin, and a Rihanna selfie. Oklahoma did ones about Secret Santa, his cat, waiting tables, and tartar sauce. Big Dog did ones about seeing a dead body, take it for granted, and his dad's sport jackets. Jersey video did ones about looking better when not wearing glasses, 20 years and 3 felonies, snap duck neck, Aaron Rodgers, Domino's Pizza, and drunk or high at Costco.  
   Besides the comedy club, I noticed one young woman wearing 'Cat tights' while boarding the bus this morning. There were cat heads in the knee area and the cat's tail on the back. At work the political science guy needed help with stuffing envelopes to make a mail deadline in the afternoon so I helped out a little. He also said kids like rattlesnakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment