Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Chimes At Hospital

   Tonight at the comedy club, one of the comics performing was Conga line. She did one about chimes at the hospital. Others were about working lost and found at a mall, why not a side vent?, mittens from Grandma, a puppy was in it, and the Chucky Cheese bear. The show closer was somebody I had heard about but hadn't seen before to the best of my knowledge. He had a tattoo on one arm but I couldn't read what it was. I introduced myself after the show and noticed he had a smaller tattoo as well, saying 'Live sober' near the wrist. He did ones about being a waiter, Episcopal communion, 2 girls who narc on themselves, 2 milk minimum, a vasectomy, and a boat in the desert.
I thought it was funny when software developer greeted guests by calling them 'Kids'. He also did jokes about 4 chambers, take care of the bear, and tequila and a compliment. I spoke with somebody for a while who knew me but I didn't know well. I am fine with giving advice to new comics, things like don't go over your time and network and have fun with it. The MC had been in Australia. Happy meal did one about his grandpa's advice, and a 'get out of everything free' card. Others were about scissors on a tie, and an STD as a gift. The godmother did ones about a bucket list, Globe University, Kellogg and Post cereals, and bad Christmas gifts. Others were about the Up and Up Target brand, save the date magnets, yoga at church, and JV landscaping. 'Extra murder' did ones about his wife losing keys, his sister's appointment, wives testifying, Yule Log, 3 wise men, and the Little Drummer Boy. The ex-cop did ones about sleep apnea, getting divorced, and kids artwork. Shoe warehouse did ones about giving bus directions, and Lamaze class. University accountant did ones about a surfing photo, Pedal Pub, chicken wings, German chocolate cake, fruit at an office party, carded at a library, and presidential libraries.
    At work I had to call the 'Not much' help desk in the afternoon for a password reset before being able to do the letters I am in charge of. I didn't like how it took a total of 20 minutes, but half of it was just waiting for a technician to respond. I stayed 30 minutes after my normal leave time to see things were caught up as I am out of the office again on Thursday. As I was waiting for the bus home somebody showed me a note saying they were a deaf mute and wanted help, but I told them I don't know sign language.
   I placed two more E-bay orders after the show, for the 'North of 36' movie magnet and for French promo cards advertising the movie 'Up in the Air'. Both comedy CDs I had just ordered a day earlier on Amazon are already listed as shipped. I saw a letter to the editor in my hometown's paper. It suggested having a festival called 'Maytag Days' to celebrate the departed company's history. I also liked seeing the little Nestle Crunch bars near the guard station again, as I noticed some had Snoopy on the wrapper. So I claimed another wrapper as a souvenir besides the one with Charlie Brown.   

No comments:

Post a Comment