Thursday, December 4, 2014

Cuppa Cake

    This week I was given a cup, spoon, and cake mix at the office. It was called 'Cuppa cake', chocolate molten cake. It is billed as an 'Impressive gourmet dessert in seconds'. Just add water and microwave. The directions were simple to follow- pour mix in ceramic coffee mug and add 3 tablespoons of cool water, stir thoroughly. I microwaved it for a minute and a half, 15 seconds longer than recommended, but it came out fine. It was a little syrupy in the bottom of the cup, but that was all. Some said theirs burned. I waited to use it until there was a day with fewer sweet food items, like this week there was a Lunch and Learn about Junior Achievement and cookies were served. It also recommended serving this cake warm with ice cream, I asked where the ice cream was since they gave us everything else.
   I watched two episodes of 'Big Bang Theory' tonight. The syndicated rerun was where Leonard had a relationship with Leslie, and she smashes a frozen banana in front of Leonard. The prime time episode was where Sheldon gets a promotion but nobody signs up for his class except for Howard. Amy Farrah Fowler has a fun time being the popular girl, playing Bernadette and Penny off against each other.
   I shared what had happened at the end of my work day on Facebook and I got a firestorm of comments about it. I was asked out by an office colleague, I said yes to going out as friends but not a dating relationship. I have a rule about not dating coworkers. I was asked by email so I have tangible evidence to present to HR if need be. Most of the comments I got were from comedian friends saying I should go for it, but I had already said no. I had asked for people to tell me their stories about dating coworkers and how well it worked out, but I didn't hear many. Some comments were weird, others were funny. Some of the notable ones included mention of a broom closet, don't give up the jacket, and follow your heart but get liquored up. And to think the thing I would have expected to be talking about the most today was my employer's holiday party! I went to the second session, from 1-2pm. I did get two photos with colleagues, and no, neither was with the one who had asked me out. The asking out was after the luncheon. I was full after the luncheon that I decided to eat very little for dinner, just three rolls I got out of the main break room after the leftovers from the luncheon were brought in there. Near the end of the hour there were drawings for various items, but I didn't win anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment