Friday, November 27, 2015

Charge Of The Light Brigade

     I watched 2 DVDs on loan from the library today, The second was 'Charge of The Light Brigade', starring Errol Flynn from the 1930s. I knew it had been a famous poem and this poem is referenced in the movie. A big part of the story was the love triangle, two brothers loving the same woman. I did laugh a little about one character, a high society lady that just wouldn't shut up. I also liked the special features on it, like a cartoon called 'Boom Boom', I think it had a World War One theme. It looked like there were other movies in this special features section. One was about Patrick Henry, a figure from the American Revolution, called 'Give Me Liberty' and the other starring Bob Hope, called 'Shop Talk'.
    The first one I watched today was called 'Made in America', about a music festival created by Jay-Z. Ron Howard directed it. I liked seeing Pearl Jam in it as well. The setting was Philadelphia, and in the background I did see a sign for the art museum, which gave me a perspective as to where it was in the city. I had been there for a vacation in 2003 and did see the art museum then.
  I typed up a writing I am submitting for a contest at the library in the afternoon, then asked about getting my car looked at as one tire often needs air shoved into it. They said they were too busy, and I was advised to come back in the morning. So I went home to see some of the Iowa-Nebraska football game. Iowa led 14-10 at the half and I got home in time to see the start of the second half. Iowa went on to win 28-20, so they finished the regular season 12-0, first time undefeated in my lifetime. I fell asleep for a little while, but woke up in time to see the kneel down at the end of the game. I didn't miss much, just a field goal.
   I didn't go to the comedy club tonight, as there were other things I wanted to get done like watch the DVD. I finished the thanksgiving dinner from Buca Di Beppo, and after the 10pm news I went to the grocery store and got a slice of Spam along with cheese sticks and Lay's honey BBQ chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment