Monday, November 30, 2015

Charlie Brown 50 Years

       I stayed home tonight for two reasons. One of them was knowing the Charlie Brown 50th anniversary show would be on. The other was the snow. It is hard for me to give up a regular night at the comedy club, but those two reasons made my decision really easy. As a big Charlie Brown fan there wasn't all that much new information in this anniversary show. But I was left wondering which special was the one where Linus is waiting for the Great Pumpkin and a bowling ball shows up instead. It wasn't the 'Great Pumpkin' special as it was Snoopy as a World War One flying ace.
There was definitely not a bowling ball in that one.
    There are some specials I have never heard of and haven't seen yet. The Obamas were part of this tribute show, as well as various musicians performing songs that have been on the Charlie Brown specials. This included Boys 2 Men. I enjoyed watching it, as I liked hearing about the documentary that preceded the 1965 Christmas special. Then I saw the actual Christmas special, and I am not sure what was on after it but it was vignettes and had Snoopy dressed in a Santa costume. There was an ad for 'I want a dog for Christmas' which will be shown on the same network, ABC, in mid-December.
   I ate at Taco Bell tonight and it looks like they jazzed up the cardboard taco holders with words and pictures, I did get photos of this. I also went to check on my car and clear the snow off as there was a snowstorm today. It meant I arrived at work over 30 minutes late, and I was not even close to being alone. Odd how my normal bus now arrived 5 minutes early, I just missed it. And I didn't see another one for nearly an hour. So of course I was disgusted. The volume on the payoff report was lower than typical for a Monday, which is nice. The settled and paid in full letters were also low volume, just three. Two in my department were out of the office, and a third, my work spouse, did a half day. I confirmed how many vacation days I have left to use, it is four and a half. So I will want to figure out soon when to use them, even though I can carry some over I am used to needing to use them before year end.

No comments:

Post a Comment