Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Peanuts Movie

   I saw the Peanuts movie at the Highland Park theater in St. Paul tonight. I loved it, I laughed, I wiped away a tear at the end, and got compliments about the Charlie Brown trucker hat I was wearing. I liked how some characters were brought back that I hadn't seen in a while. This included Frieda, Shermy, and Patty #1 (not Peppermint Patty, they just have the same name). For those who have seen the TV specials, it wasn't much different. I know this is also what the senior leader at my office said, a good way of summing it up without it being a spoiler. But as a big fan this is what I liked about it, the familiar. I will have to get the soundtrack, the music was good in it. It looks like Meghan Trainor has two songs in it, I liked those. 'Feels Good to be Alive' and 'Feel Better When I am Dancing', or something like that. When I got home I even decided to do a selfie in my outfit, as of course I was wearing a Charlie Brown shirt as well.
   I also went to a memorial march that began at the Alliance Francaise this afternoon, related to the recent terrorist attacks in Paris. We walked down to the Basilica, and I had a candle for the walk. There was a vespers service at the Basilica, first time there. I did get a lot of pictures of course, wanting to remember the day as best as possible. I was in the background in some of the footage that I saw on TV, where the march began. As I recall it was channel 5, the ABC affiliate. Je suis Francais Huguenot, je suis un Parisien. Prayers for Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment