Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Parking Meter Changes

    I noticed there will be parking meter changes taking effect in downtown St. Paul just after January 1. Now it means paying the meter until 10pm. When I saw it earlier somebody wrote on it, 'We didn't vote on this'. I had heard some plans for this earlier, but on Grand Avenue it is not happening. At the office it was a fairly easy day. One never knows what to expect just before the holiday. I spoke of hearing about the 'Crisis before the holiday' before, where some demanding person says it needs to be done now. What, it can't wait until after the holiday?
   I liked performing at the comedy club tonight. many said they liked what I do. One called me a staple but I think I prefer the term fixture.
   I did find what little I kept from the low-income TRIO programs I was in when attending high school and college. One was a program from the college graduation banquet. The other was 2 newsletters listing me as a letter winner and plans to attend the University of Iowa. It took a little while to figure out what box it was in. But there was a reason why I buried it, I was ashamed of being in a low-income program.
  Also at the comedy club, the show runner did baby give me one more chance. Airway did give it if you got it. Spoken word did it's crimson, it's liquid, beyond transgression, tungsten, legitimate actions, and caught up in past tense. Rumor did you can make me frown can't break me down, psyche, fight, do what you got to do. Rapper did captive to the system, wedding, and camo coat. Others were about searched for silver lining, trying to save the world, and telling us lies. Keyboard, electric piano did sounds like reggae, logic man. This is who called me a staple. And I got the 'how right I was' feeling, not sure why I am still keeping track but I should use this standard on dating in terms of if I keep them around. Then there was no woman, no crime, everything is going to be all right. Jessie J did without live, where would you be right now? Guitar playing, sweet home Chicago, and purple rain by Prince. The guitar player I met at another club did Coke machine in parking lot, haven't seen you since New Orleans, been to his hotel before, this is my battle cry, and you know how I feel. Another guitar player did give 3 cheers for the drink of the year, beer. It was followed by best things in life are free, that's what I want. Summer did buy me a Mercedes Benz, and touched down in the land of the delta blues. I just thought of a college roommate, as he once lived in Memphis and I haven't seen him in 7 years. Show runner did play that funky music. This was followed by superstitious, writing on the wall, lost my 4 leaf clover, green mushroom shirt. Steel guitar did ones about try to phone the one that is home, drinking drugs support the economy, she called it Mississippi blues. Radio Ali did blood on top of my dandelions, materialistic, static, if you want it you can have it, song on sound cloud, wicked, tattoo arms, Wild hat, say it ain't so, and carry me home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment