Saturday, November 21, 2015

Spectre Movie, James Bond

   I saw the latest James Bond movie, 'Spectre', at the Grandview theater in St. Paul tonight. What makes Bond films entertaining and suspenseful is not WHAT the ending is but HOW they get there, the 'Thrill of the chase' as I call it. I like seeing what they do in each movie with what Bond is known for. I liked it except it was a little long, at 2 1/2 hours. I got plenty of photos of this venue, as I hadn't been there in a while. I went to the last showing of the evening, and I didn't see anyone in the lobby when I left.
   I also have two DVDs on loan from the library to watch. One of them is 'Charade', starring Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. It is called a deliciously dark comedic thriller, a 60's spy classic. The other I did watch shortly after getting home, it was 'All the King's Men', the 1949 version starring Broderick Crawford. I liked one line in it about we are all conceived of sin and born into corruption. I knew it was largely based on Louisiana politician Huey Long, who was assassinated in 1935. The DVD also had a preview for another version, the 2006 version starring Sean Penn.
  After I picked up these two movies at the library, I went to Best Buy and picked up my new laptop. I was annoyed at one employee saying I needed an appointment. But another said I didn't. I checked my Hotmail account and the blog in the store. I like thinking about firsts, and for this one it meant going to YouTube and listening to the Pink song 'Today's The Day', one I had heard on the radio recently. I like the 'Stop the clock' sentiment in it. I do talk about the 'How right I was' feeling, a self-validating moment, and the song seems to be about this kind of feeling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment