Sunday, November 1, 2015

Janet Jackson Concert

   Went to the Janet Jackson concert tonight at Target Center in Minneapolis. Opening act was a DJ, he was still onstage when I arrived after the long wait going through security, about 15 minutes. I knew at least half of the songs played tonight, she did say 'Plenty of hit songs' so she knew to play them. Only Janet CD I have is 'Control', and many of the songs from it were played, including the title song as well as 'Nasty'. I also liked hearing 'Rhythm Nation'. The purpose of a concert is to promote a new album, this one is called 'Unbreakable'. These may have been the ones I didn't recognize at all. I recall the DJ taking over at one point during the show and then Janet returned and did some slower songs. At the end there were 2 well-dressed men joining her onstage. These may have been the men in an interview in the Friday Minneapolis paper, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, producers and song writers. Mayor Betsy Hodges was there as well, reading and then issuing a proclamation stating it was Janet Jackson Day in the city.
   I started listening to the World Series, game 5, on the radio on the way to the concert venue. Mets were up 1-0 early. When I got back to my car it was tied 2-2 in the 11th. I watched the end at home, and the Royals went on to win tonight 7-2 to take the series 4-1. Also today was a search for another coin album and mylars for coins. Couldn't find them at Barnes and Noble locations in Eagan and Bloomington (mall of America) so after the Bears-Vikings game was done I went back to the Roseville location and got them there. I moved the American pennies into this album after using the mylars, but just 24 of the 28 as the other four were extraneous. I had two each for 1944 and 1945, I decided it was best to have just one per year. So the four are now in my change bank. I fell asleep for a little while during the Bears-Vikings game. Vikings won 23-20 on a last second field goal after trailing 20-13 late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment