Thursday, November 12, 2015

Jesse James Movie

    Tonight I stayed in and watched a movie on DVD, 'Jesse James' starring Brad Pitt. I do recall seeing it at the theater back in 2007, and I don't think I had seen it since. I had bought it at a Family Dollar back in September, the same weekend I went to the Jesse James festival in Northfield, and probably should have watched it much earlier. I was tired so it was a fight to stay awake. But the gun shots in it helped the most on staying awake. Once they showed Bob Ford shooting Jesse, I was attentive for the rest of it. Seeing it again did remind me of the lasting impressions at theaters. I liked the narration in it, as plenty of good information was given this way. It reinforces what I have said before about studying history- how it is largely the 'Fame game'. In this case, the fame that went with shooting Jesse. And I liked how there were many outdoor scenes, as the countryside where it was filmed looks great. I was familiar with how it was filmed in Canada, according to the closing credits it was in Edmonton and Winnipeg. I also recalled the write-up in the Minneapolis paper which said the story begins after the Northfield robbery- which is not shown, but is mentioned.
    Before watching the movie, I saw 2 episodes of 'Big Bang Theory'. Syndicated rerun was when Howard spoke of having couples counseling- with Raj and not Bernadette. And Leonard had surgery. Prime time episode was where Amy Farrah Fowler goes out on a third date and her friends want to spy on her. Sheldon is also trying to meet somebody new. I still don't know how I feel about them being broken up. But I also know it is all about the ratings. And it is still a funny but smart show.
   In other issues, I shared a photo from last month's Charlie Brown event in downtown St. Paul on Facebook. It already has 40 likes, second only to one I posted of another comic onstage. I ordered both of this comic's CDs from Amazon tonight. It cost me just 30 cents as I used $20 in gift card money from answering surveys at Enterprise rent-a-car, as well as an award from my employer. I have one gift card left now, it was just awarded to me this week. I don't think I have written about this comic much, but he is known for holding the microphone out like he is pointing with it to the crowd and likes to say the venue name and the night of the week at the start of his set. He has performed at the famous Sturgis bike rally.

No comments:

Post a Comment