Saturday, November 28, 2015

Cranberry, Pumpkin Donuts

    I did a redemption of points on my Super-America account this morning. I went with the vanilla Visa card, and thankfully it was discounted on the number of points needed. I also decided to look at the stats on certain clubs while at the kiosk. One of them was the donut club, 2 more and then a free one. So at another location, I got two- cranberry and pumpkin flavored. It did make me think of two music groups I enjoyed- the Cranberries, and the Smashing Pumpkins. I saw both in concert at the Mark in Moline, IL, in 1996. And on 89.3 the Current, they did do a 1995 segment and this included playing the Pumpkins song '1979'. I tried going to the repair shop to have the tire looked at but it was still busy. After a few minutes of waiting, and nobody acknowledged me, I said to myself 'I have had enough' and left. This was when I went to the Super-America, as I had planned on going there soon anyway.
    I got the second DVD returned to the library, then went to a Target to get more sheets for storing baseball cards. I knew full well I would also look at the music and movie section, to see if there was anything for Charlie Brown and snoopy that I didn't have yet. I had to choose and decided to get 'Snoopy Come Home' as there was just one copy left. There were more copies available on the others. With 'Bon Voyage' I already have it on VHS but I prefer a DVD copy. I of course was thinking of the Bill Anderson song 'Get while the getting is good' as to what I chose to get.
   I went to two comedy shows tonight, performed at the first one. I got a guest set as it was offered by Bathtub, the headliner. Opera singer was at the second show, a magician was headliner there.
    At the first show, Mr. Pibb did ones about cop in trunk, Dad's kisses, the belt, and IUD poking. Next comic knows Netflix comic, and grew up in Memphis. He did ones about what that is like, wait for elevator song, wake up a baby, acting class, and pro wrestling. Netflix did ones about emotional intimacy, cervical exam, fat or hot, Wisconsin frat house, hunger games, southern rap, wear plaid, eating cake, like aspirin, meat and potatoes, and don't talk like that. Others were about homeless in Chicago, Ellen DeGeneres, answer to riddle, Target cashier, plan b and Sudafed, Dr. Who, jealous of the bear, natural selection, regal club member, lesbians, DMV, condoms, buys me Cheetos, looks like Adele, and duo power couple.  Bathtub did ones about light bulbs, sheet rock, brought cinnamon rolls, wife's job, Mad Men, activating rivers, summoned buffalo, healing new age room, white water rafting, playing clarinet, get a rescue dog, dogs on Instagram, 2 year wedding anniversary, twist ties, cable TV, and Gilbert Grape.
   At the second show, Tetris did ones about Reddit, Everest guideposts, call of duty, and IMAX crew. Opera singer did ones about no jellyfish, flax seeds and water, lifetime fitness, multi vitamins, whiskey, fish tacos, all of your skin, Bible drinking game, Genesis, Phil Collins, Tarzan, big brother in history, and little brother art teacher. Others were about fort next to airport, promotion in fake army, crowd work boat captain, going rogue, hiking near river, time saving life hacks, emergency toilet, university lifeguard, tornado call from his lady, cougar bait, tree frog, and opera pickup line. Headliner was an only child, and did ones about Wells Fargo, Trojan, and Valley-fair. I may have seen this magician before as I had seen a newspaper trick at this same venue previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment