Monday, May 30, 2016

comic softball game

I was pleased to have made it to the comic softball game this year, after being unable to attend it last year. I enjoyed it way more than expected, as I was able to laugh at what I had done in little league. I legged out a dribbler for a hit for the first at-bat and went 3 for 4, one run scored. I hugged some there, and was in some photo ops, at one point having to be prompted it was my turn at bat. I played outfield, though the glove was a 'fashion accessory' as I didn't use it at all. I was mainly just fielding it barehanded and getting it back into the infield. it was my little league glove, given to me when I was 8, so it doesn't fit my hand that well now. I did take a bottle of water out to the field, when this arrived. there were two games, I played in the first but the second was shorter as many wanted to get to the potluck and BBQ. I brought a vegetable tray. there was plenty of drinks, including lemonade in a big mason jar. a pitcher of pabst beer was served, I had some, and later on some orange juice. I tried most of the food on the table, and spoke to most of the people at the potluck as well. chalm-skinn was the manager for my team. I shared on facebook how a standout was discussing music, especially pink songs, but not with mason city. it was with a member of the turkeys, not sure what name he was given by me. another standout was near the end, discussing the need to perform with Nebraska.
Though I liked how we did more than just 'talk shop' there. I did find out that Oklahoma opened for amy schumer recently, though it sounds like the gig didn't go well for him. I got plenty of photos of the event, the final one was of the memorial day poppy that I had sticking out of a pocket of my denim jacket when draped on a chair. one was of Belarus wearing patriotic pants. he said it was from a 'napoleon dynamite' website. I thought it was odd to see a hockey rink next to the field we were using, but then I said 'only in Minnesota would one see this'. some were at the game but not at the potluck, and apparently vice versa. but I understand we all have different schedules to keep, explaining why some didn't make it. but in spite of any no-shows, I really enjoyed being there as this is my circle of friends. I have to compare it to the other holiday gatherings I have been to, or the two weddings I was invited to as it is rare to get so many of us at the same event. it was hardtop say how many 'ring of honor' people I saw there, now sometimes this is how I keep track. I counted at least 10 at the softball game. so of course I liked having many people to say hi to. I did wish two friends well who are in a contest final soon, one of them is the button.

No comments:

Post a Comment