Thursday, May 26, 2016

jumpin jack flash, rolling stones

I was taking a long walk tonight around the neighborhood and saw the flyer that was from somebody looking for work. it was on a light pole, but what caught my eye was the line 'schooled with a strap right across my back!' I knew I had heard this somewhere before, and searched it online. found out it is in the song 'jumpin jack flash' by the rolling stones. what I recalled most about this song, from hearing it before, was 'it's all right, in fact it's a gas'. besides the title of course. I knew this was the name of a movie as well, from 1986 starring whoopi Goldberg. I haven't seen the movie. I found the typical things for the trash bag I took with me, the food and drink containers. when I got to the super-America to place it in a trash bin I was asked what the time was. I also found 15 cents, a dime and 5 pennies, but not at the car wash.
   I watched two 'big bang theory' episodes tonight. syndicated rerun was about the 'penny blossoms' that penny was making. prime time episode was when Sheldon went on an 'apology tour' and the episode ended with the gang going to las vegas.
   it was a rough day at work. not once, but twice, I had I.T. problems and it meant at least one, maybe two, hours of productivity lost. all on a day when I was covering for a colleague. i canceled out of an advisory board meeting in the afternoon for this reason. we had two food outings, one was cake in honor of a retiring colleague and the other was ice cream for memorial day. but since I was way behind on my normal duties I just got it and went back to my cube. I didn't even have my typical lunch, a can of soup, as I decided to use the second 'break buck' and get some peanuts instead. so it seemed to be a lot like a Monday for me, high volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment