Thursday, May 19, 2016

kraft macaroni, star wars version

I don't cook much at home, but I did tonight. I knew the box of star wars kraft macaroni and cheese was reaching the expiration date. so recently I did get some butter, along with a can of spam. what I like about cooking is that it becomes two meals for me, and doesn't take all that long if I am willing to devote the time to it. I chopped up the spam into chunks before putting it in, but some of it I ate before it went in, and I knew full well this was going to happen. I bought it at the family dollar and it said 'collect all 8 boxes'. this one has darth vader on it.
   on some level, it likely was appropriate to prepare it tonight. I say this because one of the 'big bang theory' episodes I saw was the one from December when the movie premiered and bob Newhart was a guest star. of course I like the ones when he appears. but some others had good lines in this episode, like amy Farrah fowler saying 'you shut your mouth' when her friends told her Sheldon's plans for her birthday. the syndicated rerun I saw tonight was the one where Sheldon is trying to figure out how to make a friend. also this week, maybe Tuesday, I liked seeing the one where leonard is dating dr. Stephanie and he keeps saying to penny 'we're not living together'. it is not my favorite episode, but close. my fave still is the one where howard's mom is in the hospital, because Bernadette said 'me?' when his mom wanted to talk to her first.
   after I was done watching the second episode, I took the long walk around the neighborhood. I picked up most of the typical trash, but was pleased to find 5 pull tabs from cans (as I collect these for my employer) and 4 pennies at the car wash (which went into my change bank).
   I also read an online article about the 12 words not to say on a first date. one of them was 'googled'. I know one match did this to me, proof of how it is hard to date when being a performer. and yet I still tried hard to get the first date, and crushed when I heard it was a 'one and done'. why? the date didn't 'knock my socks off'. of course I am referring to one of the three from January. it made me standoffish to hear I was googled, and I didn't want to admit it for a while. more often now, I am asking myself 'am I interested?' instead of just 'what must I do to keep my date interested?' I know  there are worse things than being single. I still lead a full life, in part because of performing, in spite of being single. sure it would be nice to meet somebody great, but I've learned it helps to have expectations in line with reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment