Saturday, May 14, 2016

weisman art museum, u of Minnesota

I made my first-ever visit to the weisman art museum at the u of Minnesota this afternoon. I had been to other museums in the area, and many other events at the university, but for whatever reason hadn't been to the weisman. an office colleague had informed me about an exhibit that interested me, called 'cowboys and indians', a series of paintings by andy Warhol. this did include one of john wayne, the movie cowboy. I got a photo of Theodore Roosevelt, the cowboy that became president. emerson hough would have bene proud as this was hough's friend. I did get some postcards as souvenirs- surprised? though there weren't any of the current exhibit. I also got some chewing gum as I liked the sentiment on the box. it was in reference to pizza, and not asking for any opinions.
   I just finished eating some reese's pieces, bought at the grocery store as part of my weekly visit. nothing unusual there, but it was in a bag that was shaped like a carrot.
    I went to a friend's comedy show at a micro-brewery in Minneapolis tonight. actually I was allowed to see both shows, sometimes it helps to know the event coordinator. I had some trouble getting there due to some wrong turns and the construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment