Wednesday, May 18, 2016

the logical song, supertramp

tonight while performing I referred to a supertramp song as I liked hearing a saxophone player before me. I called the song that I was thinking of 'wonderful', which is an early lyric, but found out through an online search it is called 'the logical song'. I liked hearing this one again on youtube, and I think it was in a simpsons episode before. it has profound observations, 'there are times when all the world's asleep' and 'please tell me who I am'. the song is from their best known album, 'breakfast in america', and was a hit in 1979. other lyrics I liked, sad but true, was 'sent me away, intellectual, cynical'. after checking the Wikipedia article I did recognize other songs of theirs. this included 'give a little bit', 'it's raining again', 'bloody well right', and 'take the long way home'.
   always seems to be an adventure out there. I was taking the bus home after the st. paul saints season-opening block party and noticed a dude wearing a boston ball cap, but not the red sox. there was a big b on it and then 'boston' on the bill. he kept bothering some girls near me, asking if they had been to india, and kept saying 'excuse me'. he asked if they were laughing at them, and was told no, but I think they were. one of the girls was wearing a st. paul academy jacket. he got out at my stop, but thankfully he left me alone. as the saying goes, give a man enough rope and he will hang himself. eventually I expected him to get picked up by a cop, as the way he acted says he likely had too much to drink.
   at the office there was a dust-up about the settlement letters I do, though the boss doesn't like that term. I said I had no back-up, he said this isn't true. well it looks like things will change soon, all because I was willing to speak up. one thing I shared was how I got confronted a few times for rejecting letters, even though I rarely reject them.
  I liked the saints block party as usual, this time it was early evening instead of over lunch hour. I picked up a softee baseball like in previous years. I liked meeting an employee that I played catch with when this part of the program happened, as the event is officially known as 'the world's largest game of catch'. I said I have a ticket for a game this weekend. hopefully I can perform at a game like I did last year. I had a pulled pork sandwich and a Bauhaus beer, and briefly spoke with mayor chris coleman, who was in plainclothes for this event instead of a suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment