Monday, May 2, 2016

garfield the cat

I saw a facebook posting tonight after work and before heading to the comedy club where it started out as 'mondays'. I made me think of the cartoon cat that hates Mondays. so my response was 'ok, Garfield the cat'. and people liked it! although unfortunately like many things on this site it can morph into something different, devolve. I didn't swear at all even though a later commenter did. I said I have a hard time saying anything bad about anyone. but it does prove I belong in the comedy community when I have good comebacks, where I've said I can match wits with the best of them. I did my best to do some politicking, or another comic said it was better to call it 'self-advocating', hard to say what it will lead to. I liked how 'extra murder' comic gave me an idea about what to do after not getting picked tonight. I had two CDs at home that I hadn't listened to yet. one was a music CD, opera singer's band, and the other a comedy CD, tetris. I had tried to listen to the first one but fell asleep after four songs. I should know by now how it is a bad idea to try listening to CDs while laying down and tired. I liked both CDs. with the music CD there was 7 of 9 tracks that were songs with lyrics. I prefer it this way, as instrumental songs don't work as well for me. I liked 'settle down and do it' the most, but they all seemed to work for me on some level. with the comedy CD I liked 'train tracks and taco john's' as well as '1994!' but most of it worked for me as well. it had been a little while since I had acquired both, with the music CD over a month ago, so it was good that I listened to both tonight and posted my findings on facebook. I wasn't sure when else I was going to remind myself to get it done. Belarus was wearing a shirt with a price tag still on it, but he hadn't heard of Minnie pearl so hopefully he will now look up who this is. I had to explain to somebody what a 'work spouse' is, this still surprises me when it is a wikipedia article. I also showed a photo from the 2010 lady gaga concert that was in my wallet. this surprised some people as well, being a fan of her music.
   the volume was lower than typical for a Monday at work on the payoff report, but I was still busy up until the end of my workday with other things like perfecting contracts.

No comments:

Post a Comment