Sunday, May 1, 2016

tipped over chair postcard

I went to an art sale at a micro-brewery in Minneapolis this afternoon before performing at the donut party across town. I liked finding some postcards there, and I bought four from one seller. two had tipped-over chairs in them. two others were plastic ballerinas lined up. I liked it because it was different, not what one would expect to see. but that is why it is called art, as there are different interpretations of what one sees out there. I also got two greeting cards, from a different seller. one was of cut oranges, it reminded me of how I like drinking orange juice. the other was called 'sleeping beauty'. I made some wrong turns trying to get there, the construction didn't help, so it took longer than expected to arrive. while performing I answered a joke that a new comic had. he was from south Dakota and most of his set was about the tourist sites there. he made some mention of 'grumpy old men' and didn't have his facts straight. but when it comes to a subject I know well, like history, I am going to answer what I am hearing. I also did ones about an 'internet dating coda' about one match in particular, the sears loyalty program, and going to the nightclub the night before.
  in the evening I had just dropped off my recycle at the bin and on my way back at the bus stop I saw something that asked where your favorite place was on the map. I planted a flag where I lived, where else would I pick? there was an older woman asking me about it, and eventually we spoke about more plans for light rail lines in the twin cities. she also spoke of somebody she knew that had a drinking problem. one of the solutions she offered was God, taking it to the Lord in prayer. she also spoke of doing day labor through temp agencies, and had one of those collapsible grocery carts. our conversation lasted all the way up until the bus arrived. I like sharing the stories of others. it does remind me of the Amanda marshall song about how 'everybody's got a story that will break your heart'. in the morning I liked getting more coins stapled into mylar covers and then into an album. there's not much left in the candy tin I kept them in, about ten coins now. this took care of the half-dollar sized coins, as the mylars were a recent e-bay order.  

No comments:

Post a Comment