Tuesday, May 24, 2016

machine hates my card

I went to the comedy venue tonight and had to wait in line to pay for parking my car. the young woman in front of me was having trouble with it and eventually gave up, saying 'the machine hates my card'. she told me good luck, I said I will need it. the machine accepted my card just fine, and it meant I had those two dollars available for a big cookie at the venue. I do like having that in addition to the beer I get there. one of the jokes I did was about deleting an internet dating match when the match got to email stage as I start off with the standard question, 'tell me about your line of work'. the profile said social worker, but the match revealed being unemployed, actually the euphemism 'between jobs' was used so I had no choice but to end it right then and there as I don't like being lied to. I am fine with holding out for a better offer. I also noticed some words were spelled wrong in the profile. on another site there was a mutual wink and I did decide to go further in the process. always hopeful, even though it rarely does pan out. I also did one about hearing French music on the radio on the drive into the venue. I recognized some words from French class in high school, 'regardez les filles' would mean 'look at the (young) women'. I fell asleep for a while in my easy chair and arrived at the venue after the show started, so I was near the end of the lineup. after the show I did walk around a little before going back to my car, and ended up with 4 pennies tonight that went into my change bank. one was found on the ground near a 'stoplight pandhandler' and I was surprised that he didn't want it at all. I found it hard to believe that he wouldn't have noticed it there. but I knew full well to be quick about picking it up and be gone so it was less likely that I would get noticed. I prefer to avoid confrontations if at all possible.
   at the office it was still busy and I stayed a little past my normal end of shift to get caught up. I rode the bus with a man who spoke about missing some work due to a car wreck and being in contact with an attorney, needing a judge to issue a form to the insurance company to see he gets paid for the time off work. it all started with me saying 'what's the deal?' when he boarded the bus, we were in the back. but I was told I was fine, as I moved my bags to give him more space.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment