Thursday, December 26, 2019

almost the same intro

i get to the karaoke bar tonight and when I am about to get my song request in I tried to guess the song being performed. based on the intro, I was thinking 'ballroom blitz' by sweet, as it was in the movie 'Wayne's world'. except it was 'want you to want me' by cheap trick. but it sounded like almost the same intro, something that hadn't occurred to me before. I did two songs, 'mr. jones' by counting crows, and 'Good vibrations' by the beach boys. I could tell that people were really on board with the first one, seeing a few people up front singing along with it. and one of them I saw after I had left the stage. the 'big dude' I see every so often, the one I had discussed sports with before, was next to me at the bar. when he sang I had to take notice halfway through the song, noticing it was him. it was 'she talks to angels' by the black crowes. when he came back to the bar I said 'you really can wail'.
    at work there was a higher call volume than Tuesday. but plenty of the calls I still needed to transfer to other departments. with one of them it was a form order request, and when I had a follow-up question on the resource line I was told it was a better idea to transfer it as well as it was about estates. the last call of the day might have been somebody I knew. when I was being asked about with-holding, that is the department I transferred him to. I like searching for accounts by phone number, and there was two accounts under it. one of them was a 'comedy LLC'. so technically I 'recused' myself but never let on that I might have known him. because I haven't talked about doing stand-up at my new job and prefer it that way, as it can be annoying when I hear things like 'tell me a joke' and I don't want to be an entertainer all of the time. if it was somebody I knew, I hadn't seen him in a while. we are more than likely facebook friends, but that is one of more than 200. there was a slight variation of the name, but of course performers have stage names all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment