Saturday, December 21, 2019

love and mercy movie

i watched a DVD movie on loan from the library in the early afternoon, 'love and mercy', a bio-pic about brian Wilson of the beach boys. it was no doubt hard to watch throughout, since it was telling the honest but painful story of him being controlled by his shrink. I recognized some of the actors in it, john cusack played brian and paul giamatti played the shrink. and it told the story of meeting a lady when he was at a Cadillac dealership. there was also plenty of scenes where brian was being yelled at- by his dad, by a bandmate, by his shrink. there was mention of his dad once being the band's manager. as expected, when it is a musician bio-pic, there was plenty of music in it. with most of the beach boys songs, as shown in the credits, it said brian Wilson was the writer. except for 'surfing USA', where it said chuck berry was the writer. first time I had heard about that one. the movie was kind of long, just over 2 hours.
   it was a day for errand running. I went to the post office to see what was in my box, just one postcard, but it sounds like the other is on the way. also made it to the bank to pay on a loan. and to a grocery store where I knew they had some charlie brown wrapping paper. there was a bagpipe player outside this one, next to the salvation army kettle. then there was two stops at other grocery stores to get my weekly food order. I was trying to find the local news at 6pm but the channels I was looking at had other programming on. one of them had a show with a disturbing scene in it, which caused me the change the channel right away. it showed a teenage girl being held hostage, in a hangman noose. nobody should blame me for avoiding that one!
  in the evening I made it to the karaoke bar, and sang 'memories' by maroon 5. pleased to find it in the song book, since this is a recent hit. also liked seeing two ladies decide to dance near me during the song, proves that people are really enjoying it.


No comments:

Post a Comment