Saturday, December 14, 2019

dancing and caricatures

i went to an event at Amsterdam bar in downtown st. paul this afternoon. it was a dance troupe dancing to songs from the 'charlie brown christmas' TV special. a band was playing the songs. just before intermission, there was an invite to join the dancers onstage, and I did. after the show, I got in line and got a caricature. I had seen this Charles schulz impersonator before, at the Minnesota fringe festival in 2016. I found out one of the dancers is also a performer at st. paul saints games, and she is married to another saints performer. after the dancing, and the caricature, I said 'worth it!' as a big charlie brown fan, I knew how this was going to end. when I saw the city pages email this week, it meant I needed to attend this event.
   I got some of my errand running done today, but not all of it. I went to the library to print some things, after picking up three e-bay orders at the post office. then it was on to cub foods to get egg nog and a few other things. there was a santa greeting customers, and I got a photo. I had hoped to get a winter carnival button, but they didn't have what I wanted, the 'hot and cold guys' playing hockey. so I tried another cub foods after the show, and they had it. in the evening I planned on going to the grocery store, but I laid down and fell asleep for a while. and the store had just closed by then. so it has been postponed until the next morning. after the news I went to sing karaoke, and did 'drive' by incubus. the karaoke jockey was wearing a bow, like the ones on wrapping paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment