Friday, December 6, 2019

little debbie prices

I was at Walgreen tonight after work to pick up a few things, my weekly order. I wanted to know the price on the little Debbie donuts, since it was not listed on the display. so I let the cashier know, who brought over two packs but I just wanted one. found out the same pack of six little donuts was cheaper than what hostess has. this was helpful because I wanted to pay cash and avoid using my debit card. I got the birthday cake flavored kind. and I got the paper so I could check the movie times for the weekend. although there are no movies of interest to me at theaters. so it leaves watching the DVD on loan from the library this weekend, as it has to go back soon.
   at work some of the notable calls included a language line call where the caller was upset, finding out the refund check was already cashed, claiming someone else did it. another one was near the end of the day, somebody wanting us to recommend a tax preparer, and that is outside of the scope of what we can do. the call volume stayed low, but we are still in the off-season. a colleague recognized me when taking the bus home, I felt bad not knowing them at first but what I said was true on them being bundled up for the winter weather. this makes it harder to recognize anyone.
   in the evening I went to the karaoke bar and sang 'end of the world as we know it' by REM. the karaoke jockey said that there was space for me because some others were no-shows. another benefit of just showing up. as I was going home a cop stopped me, saying I was weaving but I don't believe I was. I said it can be problematic to drive when there is ice and snow on the road. but I was sent on my way, no ticket, which was nice. I did say 'weird' to myself after hearing this, because it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment