Tuesday, December 24, 2019

santa claus business card

I was walking around a Walgreen tonight and saw a business card for santa claus, so I picked it up. something about 'proof of meeting santa'. I didn't buy anything on this visit. I checked my camera and it looks like the memory card is fine. I put it in the machine and I can see full pictures there. I took notice of seeing a police SUV in the parking lot upon arrival. I said to myself, 'hello, mr. cop', before getting out. plenty of cars in the parking lot, but I am aware that this location is open when others aren't. my next stop I did buy something, it was a can of beer and a small bag of potato chips at a speedway. then I went home and dropped off what I had bought and was on my way again, to the Christmas eve church service. as usual I like the feel of melted wax from the candle on my fingers. I liked how the preacher spoke of a story I was familiar with in his sermon, it was 'best Christmas pageant ever'. it was a story read to us in elementary school. there was some small nativity scenes in the fellowship room, but it was mainly open for people to get offering envelopes. there was no coffee and cookies.
  it was a slow day at work, I got just 6 calls. I broke my record for longest wait for a call, twice. it was 44 minutes, then just under 58 minutes. and not my typical calls either. two were transfers, one I ended early as it was all static, two were about residency, and one was a language line call that led to re-sending a letter. there was molasses cookies and I had some. in the afternoon, after getting my first call once I returned from lunch, I logged off and decided to review scored calls. I did that for nearly 90 minutes, as it kept me busier than what I had been doing. no big deal on getting on an earlier bus in the morning, I checked the schedule, it was just 10 minutes earlier. it looked more full due to reduced service. in the evening it was just 5 minutes later, but sparse ridership.

No comments:

Post a Comment