Tuesday, December 3, 2019

bingo card at mixer

there was another meeting or training session this afternoon, also 90 minutes, a mixer. much like in training, there was a bingo card. so it meant having to get up and move around and talk to people. I asked the commissioner about sales and use tax, since I hadn't heard much about use taxes. calls went fine, still sometimes getting IMs since neighbors are listening in to a call. I really don't like this happening, because they are hearing just half of the call if they are going by what I am saying. I know some people will hide behind 'just trying to help'. I think this is also happening because of the low call volume during the off-season.
   I went to perform in the evening, after watching part of a brad paisley special on TV. I made it back to a venue I hadn't seen for a while, first time since spring. 'extra murder' comic is the show runner. I saw a few people there that I don't see that often. my set was fine, the material was much like the previous day. with this one I was getting laughs before I even went into telling a karaoke story. sometimes this happens, but this is a weird thing whenever I experience it. we comics do like getting laughs, I guess I still care too much as to what it is for. I want it to be for the right reason. I pointed out how there was some art being offered as part of a silent auction. it was sports items, related to the Minnesota Vikings, the local football team. none of the items had bids on them. the show runner said it was likely due to having had no home game lately. even though the asking prices did seem kind of high to me. but to each their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment