Thursday, December 5, 2019

trail's end popcorn

at work there was a box of microwave popcorn, I claimed two of the bags. it was for trail's end, and said it was fundraising for scouting. something like over 70 percent goes there. the bags and box said it expired in 2015 but I took it home an popped it in my microwave oven and it tasted fine. when I searched for this company online there was mention of their home office in Austin, texas. the reviews said the popcorn was expensive, I wouldn't know as this was put out for anyone, likely due to being expired. I ate half of the bag already, and the rest was put in for my lunch the next day.
   in the evening I went to sing karaoke, and I did 'wonderwall' by oasis. I liked how one dude I hadn't seen in a while was there, we had talked about sports, including presidential medal of freedom winners. he did 'black' by pearl jam, I said it was a nice reminder of being at college in iowa city. I bought another thin candy bar from the karaoke jockey as well, for a band trip fundraiser. I watched some of the football game before leaving, but not a lot as I fell asleep. the bears lead the cowboys 24-7  by then and I saw the ending at the bar, bears won 31-24.
   also at work, when waiting between calls I sometimes do an online search for word meanings. this week this included 'audible' and 'defect'. those can have different meanings, based on usage. this was something I already knew, just wanted to confirm it.

No comments:

Post a Comment